Artificial intelligence (AI) today is slowly but surely changing the way we interact with technology. In recent years, AI has been used to automate tasks that were once done manually, reducing costs and improving efficiency. But today, AI is being applied to content creation tools, video generation tools, image manipulation tools, and finally, search engines; allowing them to better recognise user intent by understanding natural language queries and providing more accurate results.
The future of AI in search is likely to be characterised by even greater advances in natural language processing, leading to more accurate and personalised search results. For example, the development of the Bard AI search engine by Google has the potential to improve the quality and relevance of search results by allowing users to ask complex, multi-part questions in a conversational format.
Similarly, Microsoft’s Bing search engine is already using AI to improve search quality by analysing the intent behind user queries and providing more relevant results
What is an AI Search Engine?
AI-powered search engines are an intriguing trend, they quickly understand the semantic context of each query and return relevant results based on precisely what the user is looking for. AI’s ability to return with much more detailed answers in the blink of an eye, could increase the number of zero-click searches
How AI uses Search Engines now:
- determining the search rankings.
- Understanding search query.
- algorithm evolution for content quality control.
HOW CAN AI SEARCH ENGINES CHANGE THE INTERNET?
Ever since ChatGPT became viral, the tech industry has been obsessed with the idea of AI chatbots. even companies like Microsoft have integrated ChatGPT-like chatbot directly into Bing. Let’s look at how AI-powered search engines will change the Internet:
- The fundamental goal of AI chatbots like ChatGPT and Bard is to save users time. the AI will present you with short and tailored answers in chat, which will save time.
- Search will become more conversational. as of today we use certain keywords and phrases, We do this because using a search engine instinctively feels like an investigation and is hence methodical, but talking to a chatbot can be perceived as more conversational.
- Fact checking will become a major career.
- Online shopping will become much easier.
- Human-written content will become a priority.
- Websites will lose search traffic. AI look for precise and relevant results for queries.
BEST AI THAT CAN SURF THE WEB FOR YOU?
- Neeva AI
- Bing AI
- Bard AI
- WebChatGPT (It is a Google extension that makes ChatGPT real-time)
- YouChat / You.com
ADVANTAGES OF AI SEARCH ENGINES.
- AI can help search engines understand the context and intent behind user queries, allowing them to deliver more accurate and relevant results
- AI-guided search engines also offer a smarter, more efficient way of finding information on the web and can be a useful tool for a wide range of users.
- With AI search technology, users don’t have to worry as much about searching specific keywords or the way in which they search,
- AI-powered search engines are constantly learning and improving their algorithms so that users always get the most up-to-date content available.
DISADVANTAGES OF AI SEARCH ENGINES
- AI in content generation and ranking may lead to a lack of originality in search results.
- Risk that some AI-generated content may be overly optimised for search engines, leading to an emphasis on keyword stuffing or other (badly executed) SEO tactics at the expense of quality and readability.